Flourish Furniture Bank serves guests by appointment only, which must be made by case managers from approved agencies.
If You Need Furnishings
If you are in need of furnishings, you’ll need to make contact with a partner agency listed below and have a case worker make a referral on your behalf.
If you have children and need beds for the, consider contacting Sleepy Head Beds for help.
Our Partner Agencies
* Please note: We do not guarantee placement with any of the included organizations, nor is this a comprehensive list of our partner agencies.
- Academy of Addiction Services
- Avenue of Life
- Benilde Hall-Safe Haven
- Brothers in Blue Re-entry
- Care Beyond the Boulevard
- Catholic Charities St Joe-Veterans Services
- City Union Mission
- Colonial Presbyterian Church
- Community Linc
- Cross Lines Community Outreach
- Front Porch Alliance
- Grooming Project
- Healing House
- Heartland RADAC
- Hillcrest Transitional Housing of Mid America
- Hope House
- Housing Authority of KCMO
- Jewish Family Services at the JCC
- Johnson County Interfaith Hospitality Network
- Johnson County Mental Health Center
- Journey to New Life
- Kansas City CARE Clinic
- Kansas DCF
- KC Redemption
- Lazarus Ministries
- Metro Lutheran Ministry
- Moneytalk Financial Foundations
- Mother’s Refuge
- NewHouse Center
- OurSpot KC
- Rachel House
- River of Refuge
- Salvation Army-Harbor Lights Village
- Salvation Army-SSVF Program
- Save, Inc
- Serve the World KC
- Synergy Services, Inc
- Transitions for Life Foundation
- Truman Medical Center Behavioral Health
- Veteran’s Affairs
- Walking 12 Steps with Christ Ministries
- Wyandot Center
- Youth for Christ Serving KC
Become a Referring Agency
About our Progam
We provide upholstered furniture, wood furniture, beds, dining tables/chairs, linens, basic cookware, bakeware, dishware, silverware, glassware, and other miscellaneous items as they are available.
Our guests can shop for their new furniture and household belongings with dignity. They have the ability to personally select their items, making their their new residence feel like home. Your client will be greeted by volunteers and assigned a shopping assistant to help in the entire process.
Flourish Furniture Bnakis one critical stop on your clients path to healthy, stable and safe living. We could not serve our mission of “furnishing homes with hope” without your partnership in identifying the clients in need. An important part of our mission is helping give back precious time and resources to your agency that would have otherwise been needed for finding furnishings.
Nonprofit organizations, faith-based communities and other human services programs are vital to our ability to serve those in need. We only accept referrals from approved agency case workers. Our goal is to ensure that your clients are receiving full wrap-around services as they move toward becoming self-sustaining.
Each year we ask our partners to complete an annual application to either renew or join us as partner agencies.
We will accept applications on an ongoing basis and will incorporate those partners based on our capacity.
We host a mandatory, virtual orientation for all new referring case workers. Case workers will be equipped with a client checklist, a list of what your client can expect to receive, as well as additional information that ensures your client has clear expectations and understanding of our process.
Referring agency case workers self-schedule their client appointments. They will be given login credentials that will give them to have access to all their scheduled appointments for reference, cancellation, or rescheduling.
Becoming a Referring Agency
Agency Application Procedures
- Complete the online application. As a part of the application process review the formal Referring Agency Agreement, then complete the online application as acceptance of that agreement.
- Once approved, your agency will be invoiced the annual agency fee.
- An orientation is required for any referring case manager to make referrals on behalf of your organization. Orientations will be held the 2nd Wednesday of each month at 9am.
- Login credentials will be assigned to all who successfully complete the training.