We focus on furnishing hope to those in need. Through 100% donated goods, we are able to provide an opportunity for your clients to fully furnish their new homes. Our goal is to ensure that no child or adult in the KC metro area has to live without adequate furnishings.
We provide upholstered furniture, wood furniture, beds, dining tables/chairs, linens, basic cookware/bakeware, dishware/silverware/glassware and other miscellaneous items as they are available.
Our clients can shop for their new furniture and household belongings with dignity. They have the ability to personally select their items, making the transition to their new residence feel like home. Your client will be greeted by volunteers and assigned a personal shopper to assist in the entire process.
Flourish Furnishings is one critical stop on a client’s path to healthy, stable and safe living. We could not serve our mission of “furnishing homes with hope” without your partnership in identifying the clients in need. You are our greatest asset as we locate, connect and serve the basic home essential needs of thousands in the KC metro area.
Nonprofit organizations, faith-based communities and county human services programs are vital to our ability to serve those in need. We only accept referrals from approved agency case workers. Our goal is to ensure that our clients are receiving full wrap-around services as they move toward becoming self-sustaining. We are only one piece to that puzzle. We furnish hope by offering a hand up & not a hand out.
We no longer have a “once in a lifetime served” stipulation. We recognize that there may be extenuating circumstances that may require a client to be seen more than once. We are leaving that vetting process completely up to your case workers.
We have made improvements in our process for inviting, accepting, and training our agency partners/case workers. Each year we send out an annual application to the directors of both existing and potential partner agencies. We want to serve more, and serve them better. All referral/partner information will be accessible on our website throughout the year.
We will accept applications on an ongoing basis and will incorporate those partners based on capacity of the ministry. We’ve added a partner agency liaison. Having a dedicated team member in this role ensures that your agency is receiving the education and support your case workers need for our partnership to be successful for your clients.
We’ll be holding monthly 1-hour orientations for all referring case workers. This is an opportunity for each of you to visit our location and be fully aware of the expectations and process. Your case worker will be equipped with a client checklist, a list of what your client can expect to receive, as well as additional information that ensures your client has clear expectations and understanding of our process.
Finally, to streamline the process and eliminate barriers we now allow referring agency case workers to self-schedule their client appointments. Your case workers will have an “account” which enables them to have access to all their scheduled appointments for reference, cancellation, or rescheduling.
Ready to become a Referring Agency?
Agency Application Procedures
- Complete the online application. As a part of the application process review the formal ReferringAgencyGuidelines. Signature of the application indicates understanding and acceptance of the Agency Agreement.
- Agency director must submit a list of all case workers wishing to make referrals. Only those names submitted by the director will have an account set up for them. When case workers leave or new case workers come on staff, the director must notify us. The director should email the following information for each case worker to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Case Worker Name
- Case Worker Agency/branch
- Case Worker Email
- Case Worker Phone
- A 1-hour orientation is required for any case manger you with to make referrals on behalf of your organization. Oriention details can be found under Partner Resources & Info. Orientations will be held the 2nd Wednesday of each month at 9am.
- Flourish Furnishings will then set up the online referral/appointment system with your caseworkers’ contact information, login and passwords. Each user will receive confirmation and instructions for using the online scheduling system.